We've released version 2.0.1 of the Queue extension. This version is fixing bugs as well as adding some enhancements we'll review below.
- Added console commands for removing jobs and clearing whole queue. Both depend on the queue broker driver so details could be found in updated guide for particular driver.
- Added support for Igbinary job serializer.
- Allowed to change vhost setting for RabbitMQ.
- Extension is now compatible with PHP 7.2.
- Some classes and interfaces were marked as deprecated. See UPGRADE for details.
- A benchmark measuring time to get the job to the worker was performed As expected, fastest implementations are Gearman, Beanstalk, Radis and RabbitMQ. Average time is 1-2 ms. Details could be found in this gist.